Organize Your Wedding 12 Month Checklist
Written by Vicki Arcobasso
Category: Wedding Planning Tips
NINE TO TWELVE MONTHS BEFORE
- ____Consult with a wedding planner.
- ____ Decide on style of your wedding.
- ____ Decide on date of your wedding.
- ____ Decide on location.
- ____ Reserve officiant.
- ____ Set a tentative budget.
- ____ Decide how expenses will be shared.
- ____ Decide on guest list.
- ____ Announce engagement.
- ____ Select and invite wedding party.
- ____ Shop for wedding rings.
- ____ Reserve reception location as soon as you have set the date.
- ____ Select and book cater.
- ____ Start compiling names and addresses for guest list.
- ____ Decide on your color scheme.
- ____ Start shopping for your wedding dress and headpiece.
- ____ Discuss where you will live after the wedding.
SIX TO NINE MONTHS BEFORE
- ____ Send your engagement announcement to the newspaper.
- ____ Select your bridal registry and make choices.
- ____ Select florist.
- ____ Select balloonist.
- ____ Select and book photographer and videographer.
- ____ Select and reserve rental equipment for ceremony and reception.
- ____ Select and book reception entertainment.
- ____ Order bridal gown.
- ____ Order bridesmaids’ dresses
- ____ Select bakery for wedding cake.
- ____ Select a travel agent and start planning your honeymoon location.
THREE TO SIX MONTHS BEFORE
- ____ Select and order invitations.
- ____ Complete your guest list.
- ____ Start health and fitness program.
- ____ Check on wedding dress.
- ____ Select formalwear for men.
- ____ Select and order mothers’ attire.
- ____ Experiment with hair style.
- ____ Discuss service with officiant.
- ____ Order favors.
TWO MONTHS BEFORE
- ____ Address invitations and announcements. Send invitations six weeks before.
- ____ Confirm all contracts and services with the professional hired.
- ____ Plan and book rehearsal dinner.
- ____ Finalize honeymoon plans.
- ____ Arrange accommodations for out-of-town guests.
- ____ Purchase attendants’ gifts.
- ____ Choose person to attend your guest book.
- ____ Make reservation for the wedding night hotel.
- ____ Make appointment with your hair stylist on the wedding day.
ONE MONTH BEFORE
- ____ Get blood test and marriage license.
- ____ Have wedding dress final fitting.
- ____ Have bridal portrait done.
- ____ Complete shopping for your trousseau.
- ____ Purchase your accessories such as garter, candles, toasting goblets, ring pillow, etc.
- ____ Have wedding and engagement rings taken to jeweler for attachment and cleaning.
- ____ Maintain records on gifts received and send thank you notes out immediately.
- ____ Meet with photographer and discuss with him/her a list of shots you would like taken.
- ____ Meet with the entertainers and give them a list of music you would like played.
- ____ Assign responsibilities for:
- - Rental returns
- - Clean-up
- - Guest transportation
- - Pick-up of any last minute items
TWO WEEKS BEFORE
- ____ Pick up wedding rings and make sure they fit properly.
- ____ Continue writing thank you notes for gifts received.
- ____ Final confirmation of all services.
ONE WEEK BEFORE
- ____ Provide caterer with total guest count.
- ____ Provide wedding party and guests a map and timetable for rehearsal, ceremony and reception.
- ____ Plan seating arrangements.
- ____ Pick up marriage license.
- ____ Begin packing for honeymoon.
- ____ Determine what to do with floral arrangements after reception.
AFTER THE WEDDING
- ____ Send thank you notes as soon as possible after the wedding.
- ____ Have bridal gown cleaned and preserved.
- ____ Change your name on ID and important documents.
- ____ Change of address cards.